Wednesday 2 April 2014

International Table Top Day

Before this weeks regularly scheduled report, a note about International Table Top Day.

International Table Top Day is almost upon us - it's this coming Saturday ( 6th April 2014 ) - and the question of whether any NoBoGers are up for doing something on the day "hangs in the air the same way that bricks don't".

With venue space on a Norwich Football Day being something of a difficult issue - and no one coming up with a great solution to this - Lewis ( WeirdFTW ) and myself have had a word with Athena Games who have posted that they will be getting involved in the day.

Athena apparently has table space for 64 players and having spoken to them are very open to people either joining in - there will be a number of demo games ongoing such as Carcassonne - or bringing their own games for people to try out. So there should be room to play something or at least join in with something being played there. Although Athena notes it might get busy.

If you are interested in turning up at Athena on Saturday leave a comment about what times are good for you and whether you might bring something or want someone else to bring something, just so you have some fellow NoBoGers to conspire with on the day !

( 1 bonus point for getting the completely unrelated reference )

9 comments:

Bork said...

Personally I am thinking something like Cash and Guns would be cool to take ( stupidly fun, simple, easy to integrate members of public ) , or at the other end of the scale I think Rich wanted a go of Battlestar Galactica.

I can free up my schedule on Saturday if there's enough interest . . .

Mr Bond said...

Alas, I cannot make Saturday. I'm a terrible NoBoGer.

Weird, a.k.a. Lewis said...

I will definately be there, but as far as games are concerned I don't mind. Games that spring to mind that I'd play would be:

Kingsburg, Lords of Waterdeep, Takenoko, Lords of Vegas, Kingdom Builder, Small World, Resistance (to finish? :P)

I own none of these (all I can ever contribute is Munchkin) so if you're joining in, there are just a few ideas for ya. :D

Bork said...

You're fast making the NoBoG "Veterans who only turn up once a year to validate their parking" group Mr Bond.

Alfonso said...

I'm back that weekend and with no wife or kid around I'm free all Saturday. I might bring x-wing along; that looks pretty. I may bring a few others too.

Alfonso said...

Also, is the reference Douglas Adams related?

Bork said...

Bonus point to Fletch, it is indeed Douglas Adams

Weird, a.k.a. Lewis said...

The friend of mine I keep trying to get down for Tuesday's will be coming to Athena Games on Saturday too!

Also, a note on FREEBIES! It's worth mentioning that the exclusive promotional goodies mentioned by Wil Wheaton on the Geek & Sundry YouTube channel will be available at Athena Games. Have a gander on the relevant blog on http://TableTopDay.com to see a list of promo items, or just watch Wil's video: http://YouTube.com/watch?v=yOQpOOLYtY4

Alfonso said...

Wow that's a lot of good free stuff. I'd love a copy of Love Letter and I was just thinking the other day of how I need a bookmark. I'll be getting down there Saturday morning. I've never actually been to Athena Games so I'll have to find it first.