Thursday 21 July 2011

NoBoG News

Let it be known that the cupboard under the stairs at the Ribs of Beer is damp. As a result the boxes of lamps and leads are being stored by myself and Crocker. The green baize remains in the cupboard, but is now in a special protective vessel – the NoBoG Bin Bag.

In other news, we now have a guild on boardgamegeek.com. The NoBoG Guild can be used for discussions, questions, ideas and general murmurings. It also has a calendar function, which I’ll keep up to date – so you can check whether games are on at the Ribs of Beef.

And finally. This Tuesday saw myself, Phil, Pete, Nicky and Crocker playing Steam. We tried the USA side of the map. Much of the game was a two-horse race between myself and Pete. I took an early lead on the VP track, but to the neglect of my locomotives. I got a decent headstart, but alas, it was not enough. I was eventually reeled in by Pete with his superior engine range, which he cranked up to six, while I languished on a range of five. Three points in it, and although the others were a little way behind, they were making up ground by the end. As always thoroughly enjoyable.

There is no beer news this week.

No comments: