Tuesday 12 May 2009

Descent in the cellar of the ribs


After a somewhat successfull bank holiday weekend where I ran a descent game as the overlord I was itching to run my second game so took Descent to the ribs and challenged Tarn, Pete and James. Jimmy and Matt played Preußische Ostbahn (with Dan) while Jack played shogun with capt wesker. I dont remember who else played what (sorry Ben, where you there Tom?) but my guesses are in brackets.....

I loved Descent though. The first few times we played the overlord didn't have a chance and after the first round where Tarn crippled my spiders (if you'd pardon the phrase) I thought this might be a repeat but a few minor mistakes by the heroes and soon I'd turn the tables. You cant rush into rooms and you cant drag your feet, timing is everything and sensible combo players from the overlord can take those vital points away from you. I understand and can see how descent is RPG lite, but I love it at the moment, especially when i'm the overlord. Everyone gets to pick on you and you dont take it personaly, soak it up and mess with them all ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa...... Well anyway im now planning the next time I can enjoy this dugeon crawl game and hopefully getting together a group willing to play it more often.

6 comments:

andy said...

this is a game i am generally up for, give me a shout if you need a player!

GreenDan said...

Ben was playing (and winning) Preußische Ostbahn with us. I really enjoyed it, it's a very elegant game.

GreenDan said...

Ben was playing (and winning) Preußische Ostbahn with us. I really enjoyed it, it's a very elegant game.

andy said...

dan, don't start calling games 'elegant', it's a slippery slope.

Greendan said...

Oh, sorry Andy. I meant: What the hell was that?! This game had like four pages of rules. It didn't seen like there were that many options, but it still took ages to make a decision. Plus, get this, its set in germany, but at no point do they declare war on anyone. Fricking LAME!!

andy said...

RIGHT ON, WAR BRO!